This trip is special because it’s the first time in forever that my family went on a vacation.
This small coastal village in western Pangasinan boasts of its “Little Boracay beach of the North.”
When my friend, Jhomel, and I booked our roundtrip flight to Hong Kong, we haven’t thought of booking our return flight from Macau.
We had an extra ferry trip from Macau to Hong Kong but it was fun!
We did not have the luxury of having a tour guide so we had to read A LOT about Hong Kong and Macau. Good thing Jhomel found a handy dandy sample itinerary online.
– Disneyland… where we got to sleep on a bench near the Lion King area because we were so tired from the flight. Jhomel was even snoring.
– Victoria Peak… where we bought a not so surprisingly pricey Coca Cola, and met Queen Elizabeth II and Jackie Chan in a wax form.
– Ocean Park… where we got to meet a panda bear and several penguins! That was my favorite part of the trip and probably one of the best days of my life.
– Mong Kok night market… where Jhomel was squeezed in the arm by one of the Chinese vendors.
– Ruins of St. Paul, Macau… where we finally got to have Starbucks and free wifi!
– Venetian Macau… where we basically just took pictures and bought pasalubong.
– Hong Kong subway… where we encountered an old Chinese man and an angry Middle Eastern man fighting. The latter had a cut on his face. Noone cared to interrupt!
Excatly two years ago, it was January 2012 when we went to one of the newest holiday destinations among yuppies at the time – Coron.
That trip with my college friends was special to me since it was my (our) first time to be on a plane. The mother of all plane trips.